by: Ike Lasater and John Kinyon
About the Book:
In Choosing Peace, you will learn a new approach to communication and conflict that creates peace, internally and externally. The concrete tools and skills in this book allow you to be clear in your communication and help others do the same. Through practicing what is in this compelling guidebook, you can build more satisfying and engaging relationships and create more compassion and peace in your life.
Read Choosing Peace to be able to:
- Understand how conflict can be a vehicle to connection
- Escape from endless replaying of stressful conversations
- Be kinder to yourself
- Gain acceptance for others
- Stop behaving in ways that do not get you what you want
- Learn a new set of skills to navigate sticky conflict situations
- Get a new perspective on recurring conflicts–and how to resolve them
- Recognize and shift out of fight-flight-freeze stress patterns
- Listen skillfully and non-judgmentally
- Deepen the quality of interaction with others
Ike and John have nearly 40 years combined experience in a Nonviolent Communication approach to mediation and conflict resolution, who have trained thousands of people worldwide to choose peace.
Publisher: Mediate Your Life
Edition: 1st Edition September 2014
Welcome! I'm Ian Peatey and this site is one way I share Nonviolent Communication (NVC) by writing articles and sharing information about NVC materials, news and people. I hope you'll be a frequent visitor.
Subscribe below to get news, updates and exclusive content direct to your inbox.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart="default" align="left" asin="0990007324" cloaking="default" height="160" localization="default" locale="US" nofollow="default" new_window="default" src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510ZFgOAFHL._SL160_.jpg" tag="nvcworld-20" width="107"]
Want a chance to express some gratitude or maybe want to receive some? Send a donation and get both!